We have a moral obligation to ensure that our children and their children do not suffer the numerous detrimental ecological, economic, and physical effects of climate change and the destruction of our environment.
- Encourage renewable energy research by offering grants to companies and groups who use local talent and resources to facilitate the immediate transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy
- Require oil and gas companies prove the safety of current operations and proposed operations to both humans and the environment by conducting impact studies and releasing detailed, public reports on the chemicals they use in every form
- Ban fracking. It’s time to put the wellbeing of our state’s citizens before the profits of a dying industry
- Help counties and municipalities purchase open space lands
- Encourage voters to reject land annexations and plans that are poorly-researched, do not sustain their attached communities, and are a boon for businesses at the expense of the workforce
- Colorado needs to join other states in meeting the requirements laid out in the Paris Climate Accord, even if the federal government has refused to
- Protect our public lands from a federal administration that wants to sell our public lands to mining and oil and gas companies